A Former ‘Bachelor’ Star Is Facing Some Serious Criminal, Legal Problems Right Now
Happy Monday, Bachelor Nation fans. Unfortunately, we’ve got a bit of more bad news for you guys in this report. It turns out that one of the former “The Bachelor” stars has gotten himself caught up in a pretty serious legal situation!
The former Bachelor I’m speaking of is none other than Chris Soules. He was The Bachelor in the 19th season which debuted way back in January 2015. He was selected to be the new Bachelor after finishing third during Andi Dorfman’s Bachelorette season 10 which premiered back in May 2014.
According to the folks over at the desmoinesregister.com , Chris got into a fatal car wreck in Buchanan County in Iowa on Monday, April 24, 2017. He called the police shortly after it happened. However, it sounds like he waited too long because he’s now on trial for charges that accuse him of leaving the scene of the accident. This is very serious since the 66 year old guy he hit Kenny Mosher died because of it.
Chris has pleaded “not guilty” to these charges. According to a report from KCRG.com, Chris claims he did not leave the scene of the accident. In fact, he went on to say that not only did he remain at the scene of the accident, he also administered CPR to the victim.
It’s reported that Chris’ attorneys requested to have his court hearings location changed due to the extreme media coverage and interest. Chris’ attorneys don’t believe he can get a fair trial in Buchanan County. A decision on their request has not yet been made. However, the prosecution team is saying the volume of coverage is not sufficient cause for a change of venue. Coverage by local media has not been inaccurate or inflammatory, which would not result in widespread prejudice that could not be weeded out in jury selection.
Chris’ Attorneys also filed an appeal with the Iowa Supreme Court earlier this year. The appeal asked them to review the merits of the charge against him for his role in the fatal car crash. The court denied the application for interlocutory appeal.
According to some additional information on Chris’ Wikipedia page, he was not charged for driving under the influence. However, court documents obtained by People magazine reveal that he was allegedly in possession of alcoholic beverages and containers at the time of the crash. The crash happened at around 8 pm that night.
It is currently unclear how severe a punishment Chris could receive for this crime if he’s convicted. However, it is classified as a Class D felony! Anything with the word “felony” in it sounds like it could come with some serious consequences. So, this certainly is not anywhere near a good situation for Chris. A pre-trial conference is scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, October 16, 2018.
During Chris’ run on The Bachelor, he ended up selecting Whitney Bischoff to be his wife. Then on May 28, 2015, it was already announced that the two had called off their engagement. At the time, Whitney and Chris told E News, “We have mutually and amicably decided to end our engagement. We part with nothing but respect and admiration for one another and will continue to be supportive friends. We wish to thank everyone who has supported us through this journey.”
Bachelor Host Chris Harrison made a statement about their break-up as well. He said, “I’m truly sorry to learn that Chris and Whitney have ended their engagement. I consider them both friends and will do anything I can to support them during a tough time.”
Chris also appeared on a couple of other reality shows besides The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. He participated in the 20th season of ABC’s dancing reality show titled, “Dancing With The Stars.” He partnered up with the season 19 champion dance pro Witney Carson. Midway through the season, Chris suffered a calf injury during rehearsal on Disney week. He was eventually eliminated on May 5, 2015 in 5th place.
Then in September 2015, Chris participated in a Food Network reality show called,”Worst Cooks in America: Celebrity Edition.” He ended up getting eliminated in third place from a group of seven contestants.
Alright guys. That wraps it up for this latest “The Bachelor” report. Stay tuned. Also, be sure to follow us on our The Bachelor Facebook page for more Bachelor news by Clicking Here.